There are lots of things to do with children in the holidays. If you know of any other activities please let us know.
Run by the Hobart City Council, Bush Kids programs are designed for specific age groups from 2-10 years and include a variety of exciting nature based activities for kids attending with a parent or guardian. All programs cost $5 per child.
April Holiday Music Classes
Why not book in for our April Holiday Music Classes?
Lessons available in Guitar, Piano/Keyboard, Drums, or Vocal for Beginner, or Continuation (ages 5+). Classes run 45min each day, subject to numbers.
Cost: $80/wk including resources for Intro classes. OR why not book your 2-3 year old in for one of our Come'n'Try sessions?
Mon Apr 18 - Fri Apr 22
- Come'n'Try Jitterbugs 9.00 - 9.30 Mon Apr 18 ($10) for 2 y.o. OR
- Come'n'Try Jitterbugs 9.00 - 9.30 Tue Apr 19 ($10) for 2 y.o.
- Come'n'Try BeeBoppers 9.00 - 9.30 Wed Apr 20 ($10) for 3 y.o. OR
- Come'n'Try BeeBoppers 9.00 - 9.30 Thu Apr 21($10) for 3 y.o.
- Piano/Keyboard Intro 9.30 -10.15 Mon-Fri $80 inc Resources
- Piano/Keyboard Cont 11.00-11.45 Mon-Fri $80
- Guitar Intro (BYO guitar) 9.30-10.15 Mon-Fri $80 inc Resources
- Guitar Cont (BYO guitar) 10.15-11.00 Mon-Fri $80
- Drums Intro 11.45-12.30 Mon-Fri $80 inc Resources
- Vocal Intro 10.15-11.00 Mon-Fri $80 inc Resources
Have you entered the Gname Our Gnome competition on our ISM Hobart Facebook page yet? You could win Free Holiday lessons or Free Movie Tickets.
To book your Holiday Class now, or for more info, please phone Geoff or Lyndon (ISM Hobart at Geoff Long Music) 41 Burnett St North Hobart on 6234 1456 or 0413 289 978 or email or visit our website
Holiday Fun with LINC
Why not visit your local LINC or library over the school holidays. You can borrow books, use a computer or attend an activity. Many LINCs and libraries have organised holiday activities. Find out what's on these holidays at a LINC or library near you; visit the LINC Tasmania website for more details: www.linc.tas.gov.au
TMAG School Holiday Program
TMAG has lots of activities planned for the 2015 school holidays. You can see their July Holiday programme here.
Gymnastics & Sports
Various places run a variety of sporting or gymnastic programmes for all ages. These include:
Bridgewater PCYC Green Point Road, Bridgewater. 6263 5277
Hobart Gymnastics Academy 27-29 Hurst St Bridgewater. 6263 3460
Hobart PCYC 300 Liverpool Street, Hobart. 6230 2246 Vacation Program
Hobart YMCA 8a Constance Ave, Glenorchy 6272 8077
Kingborough Sports Centre Kingston View Drive, Kingston 6211 8262 Vacation Program
Police Academy Youth Club Rokeby Police Academy, Mill Point Road, Rokeby. 6230 2832
Hobart Aquatic Centre
Davies Street, Domain, Hobart. Phone 6222 6999
The Aquatic Centre runs holiday activities. During the June 2012 holidays they will run SPLASH, 4 - 15 June, Weekdays 11.30am - 3.30pm. Normal entry fees apply or Family ticket $20. *excludes public holidays. SPLASH has floating inflatables for the kids including a giant slide, obstacle course, and the log runner! Email or phone for details.
Royal Botanical Gardens
Usually has Holiday Activities. Contact the Learning and Community Engagement unit on 6236 3086 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. You might also find details on their website.
Stomp Fitness is a new Tasmanian owned & operated exergaming gym that is family-friendly and encourages parents and their children to workout together.
Exergaming is a combination of video gaming and exercise. The result is a fun, interactive game that promotes physical fitness for all ages.
During school holidays we'll be running daily group fitness aimed at families of school-aged children.
Level 1, 69 Liverpool Street Hobart. Phone 0439 771 183
Bricks 4 Kidz Hobart
Hobart's best school holiday activity using LEGO® Bricks! Brand new in Hobart! Don't let the kids get bored these school holidays!!! We have school holiday workshops running in April at three locations.
- Mining and Crafting Two Monday 11th April 9am 4pm $80
- Remote Control Mania Tuesday 12th April 9am 4pm $80
- Dinosaur Brick Land Thursday 14th April 9am 12pm $40
- Bricks City Thursday 14th April 1pm - 4pm $40
Taroona Community Hall
- Mining and Crafting Monday18th April 9am - 4pm $80
- Space Adventures Tuesday 19th April 9am - 4pm $40
- Minion Madness Tuesda 19th April 1pm - 4pm $40
- Bricks City Thursday 21st April 9am - 4pm $80
- Dinosaur Brick Land Friday 22nd April 9am 12pm $40
- Amusement Park Friday 22ndd April 1pm - 4pm $40